Full Site Editing (FSE) is a new way to edit your WordPress site that gives you more control over the design and layout of your site. With FSE, you can use blocks to design every part of your site, from your header and footer to your content pages and blog posts. This means that you don’t need to know any code to create a beautiful and unique design for your site.
What are the benefits?
There are many benefits to using Full Site Editing, including:
- More control over the design of your site: With FSE, you can use blocks to design every part of your site, from your header and footer to your content pages and blog posts. This gives you more control over the look and feel of your site than ever before.
- No need to know any code: FSE is a visual editor, so you don’t need to know any code to use it. This makes it easy for anyone to create a beautiful website.
- More flexibility: FSE is a more flexible way to edit your site than the old way. With FSE, you can create custom designs for your site without having to use a child theme.
- Improved performance: FSE is built on a new architecture that improves the performance of your site.
How can I get started?
If you’re interested in starting using Full Site Editing, there are a few things you need to do:
- Make sure you’re running WordPress 5.9 or higher.
- Enable Full Site Editing in your site’s settings.
- Start using blocks to design your site.
How do I use blocks to design my site?
Blocks are the building blocks of FSE. You can use blocks to create different types of content, such as paragraphs, headings, images, and videos. You can also use blocks to create custom layouts for your site.
To use a block, simply drag it from the block library to the place where you want it to appear on your site. You can then customize the block by clicking on it and editing its settings.
Three tips for using Full Site Editing?
- Start with a simple design. You can always add more blocks later on.
- Use different types of blocks to create a visually interesting design.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment. There are no right or wrong answers when it comes to design.
Where can I learn more about Full Site Editing?
There are a number of resources available to help you learn more about Full Site Editing. These resources include:
- The WordPress Full Site Editing documentation: https://fullsiteediting.com/
- The Full Site Editing YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1ThMIssK3IY
- The Full Site Editing subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wordpress/comments/wls0lz/if_you_were_starting_from_scratch_would_you_use/
I hope this introduction has helped you learn more about Full Site Editing. If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch.